Starbucks has announced a major overhaul to its rewards program…
What makes a coffee shop the “best” is definitely a subjective matter. To some, they’re all about the coffee and don’t mind tiny spaces with standing room only. To others, they want a place where they can sit down and relax for a while with their freshly poured cup, but don’t mind if it wasn’t roasted within the hour on-site. USA Today recently tried to put together a list that everyone can agree on and named America’s Best Coffee Shops. The list features a mix of cozy and sophisticated (ok – mostly “cozy” with an emphasis on artisanal roasters), and has a little bit of something for everyone. Of course, these shops are pretty much only in big cities, but you can still order some of their coffee online and go for your own coffee shop experience at home.
1. Ultimo Coffee, Philadelphia
2. Gimme! Coffee, New York
3. Barista, Portland, Ore.
4. Courier Coffee Roasters, Portland, Ore.
5. Café Grumpy, New York City
6. Lamill Coffee Boutique, Los Angeles
7. Stumptown, Various Locations
8. Ritual Coffee Roasters, San Francisco
9. Joe the Art of Coffee, New York and Philadelphia
10. Intelligentsia, Various Locations
11. Commonplace Coffee Co. House and Roasters, Pittsburgh
12. Milstead & Co., Seattle
13. Everyman Espresso, New York City
14. Peregrine Espresso, Washington, D.C.
15. Artifact Coffee, Baltimore=